When a individual inquires about one of our properties in particular, we are glad (anxious) to explain what we know about the property. There are questions that we may be unable to answer. So… off to the various agencies that deal in such matters. If you are just curious about old or historic properties, we may suggest one of these to you. As we have stated before – we try to keep current on all of the contact information that is presented on our site, some of them slip past us. We are grateful to you for pointing out if a link does go where it should. That said… Here you have them.
Historic Resources Contacts
- National Trust for Historic Preservation – for Shenandoah Valley
2600 Virginia Ave NW, Washington, D.C. 20057 – (800) 944-6847
- Preservation Alliance of Virginia
204 West Franklin Street, Richmond, Virginia 22220-5012 – (804) 648-1889
- Virginia Department of Historic Resources
2801 Kensington Avenue, Richmond, Virginia 23221 – (804) 482-6099
Shenandoah Valley Office – (540) 686-7029
- Virginia Main Street Program
– Va. Dept. of Housing & Community Development,
600 East Main Street, Suite 300, Richmond, Virginia 23219
– (804) 371-7000
- Preservation of Historic Winchester, Inc.
Museum of the Shenandoah Valley, 530 Amherst Street, Winchester, Virginia 22601 – mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shenandoah County Historical Society
P O Box 506 Edinburg, VA 22824 email: email@example.com
- Edinburg Heritage Foundation Inc.
P. O. Box 336, Edinburg, VA 22824
- Strasburg Heritage Association
P. O. Box 525, Strasburg, VA 22657